Get A Member - Get A Seminar
2021 Membership Campaign
PSTAP is only as strong as its members. As a member of PSTAP you understand the value of the many benefits PSTAP offers; your personal endorsement is very important to us and it is the most effective way we build membership. Help us spread the word, and through PSTAP's new Get a Member - Get a Seminar program you'll receive a FREE seminar of your choice. That's right, for recruiting just ONE new member YOU will receive a seminar of your choice, absolutely FREE. The free seminar is a $150 value...another outstanding benefit of membership in the PSTAP.
Here's how it works:
Please download the PSTAP membership application. This application has been modified for this program. Simply fill in your name in the box at the top of the application and distribute it to your colleagues. In order to qualify for the program, your name must appear on the membership application in the box at the top of the form. Scroll down to for tips on recruiting new members.
The new member:
- Must never have held a membership in the PSTAP.
- Must not be a member of your own firm.
- Must qualify for Active membership.
Candidates must qualify for Active Membership by meeting at least one of the following requirements:
- Possess a valid license as a Public Accountant, Certified Public Accountant or Enrolled Agent.
- Accredited in Accountancy or Taxation by the Accreditation Council for Accountancy.
- Possess a B.S. degree in accounting or an associate's degree in accounting.
Get Your FREE Seminar. Once we receive the completed membership application we'll send you a certificate for a free upcoming seminar of your choice. You may apply your certificate to any 8-hour seminar that PSTAP offers. (If you are registering for a 16 Hour program, the cost of the program will be reduced by half) PSTAP members are eligible to receive one free seminar for each new member they successfully recruit to join PSTAP. Seminar certificates must be redeemed in a 12-months from the date of issue. The certificates are non-transferable.
Where do I find potential members to recruit?
- Seminars. Always carry membership applications with you to the seminars you attend. Whether PSTAP is the sponsoring organization or not, seminars are the best place to recruit new members. Everyone needs CPE, and PSTAP provides the best. Make sure you tell them about the huge savings that PSTAP members receive.
- Colleagues from other offices. Everyone knows at least one other practitioner who would benefit from a PSTAP membership. Drop off membership material or contact them via telephone. (Contact the PSTAP Executive Office for a complete recruitment package)
Once I find a potential member, what do I say?
- Discuss the benefits of membership. Tell them exactly how PSTAP has helped you in your practice. Maybe you attend the seminars and find the member savings most beneficial, maybe you enjoy the discounts on various products that PSTAP offers, or perhaps PSTAP's legislative representation of sole practitioners and smaller accounting firms is most important to you. Convey the value that is offered with the membership. The savings and discounts that our members enjoy more than pay for the annual membership dues.
- Inquire as to the challenges they face in their business and suggest ways that PSTAP can help. For example if they are in need of support services, you may tell them about PSTAP's email discussion group, discounts available on technical publications or PSTAP's quarterly magazine, the PA Accountant.
- Convince them to attend a PSTAP chapter meeting with you.
- Direct them to the PSTAP website, www.pspa-state.org so that they can review the benefits of membership for themselves.
Questions should be directed to the PSTAP Executive Office at 1-800-270-3352.CONTINUE TO DUES PAYMENT